2017 Acura TLX vs. 2017 Lincoln MKZ
2017 Acura TLX
2017 Lincoln MKZ
The luxury sedan segment is populated by a wide selection of stunning vehicles, and the 2017 Acura TLX and the 2017 Lincoln MKZ are two of the most respected and exceptional. When you’re choosing between them, you’ll need to take everything from driving dynamics to technology into account; luckily enough, we’ve compared the two for you to let you see what’s what.
Performance and Efficiency
The 2017 Acura TLX manages to balance out power and efficiency better than any other vehicle in the segment, including the 2017 Lincoln MKZ, and it does so across two engine options:
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Even the standard engine can produce up to a healthy 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque. The eight-speed automatic transmission uses a specialized gearbox with innovative dual-clutch automated manual mode, achieving up to 24 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.*
- 3.5L V6: Putting a V6 under your TLX’s hood means enjoying an output of 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque. A top-of-the-line nine-speed automatic transmission promises up to 21 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway* with 2WD.
Even better, the TLX is available with torque-vectoring Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), which delivers power intelligently for seamless fore, aft, and side-to-side power transitions.
The MKZ lacks that feature, and it also fails to combine luxury performance with acceptable efficiency; mileage ratings peak at just 21 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.
If the efficient drive of the 2017 Acura TLX is impressive, that’s nothing compared to its phenomenal interior. There’s plenty of space for both passengers and cargo, and the vehicle offers far more as standard than the 2017 Lincoln MKZ.
Here are just a few features that you’ll receive across all TLX trim levels:
- Dual Display Screens: Enjoy an upper 8-inch display and a lower 7-inch touchscreen to make sure you can always keep an eye on all essential journey and infotainment information.
- Ambient Lighting: Soft LED lighting provides handsome accent illumination across the TLX’s stunning interior.
- Heated Front Seats: If you’re feeling the cold wind when you’re travelling along the coast between Port Washington and Manhasset, just turn on your heated front seats.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The MKZ also offers a rearview camera as standard, but it lacks the handy multiple viewing angles of the Acura’s superior model.
The 2017 Acura TLX Provides What the 2017 Lincoln MKZ Won’t
The 2017 Acura TLX manages to stand out from its rivals within even the intensely competitive luxury sedan segment. If you’d like to find out more, take a closer look, or even arrange a test drive, visit Rallye Acura today.
* Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.