2019 Acura ILX vs. 2020 Acura TLX
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
Drivers seeking a premium sedan often end up at an Acura dealership, and that generally means comparing the Acura ILX vs. TLX. We’re used to guiding people through that decision-making process, so we’ve gone ahead and put together a quick guide to key differences.Read on to compare ILX vs. TLX on:
- Power and MPG
- Size and Space
ILX vs. TLX: Power and MPG
The Acura TLX is well-known for balancing premium comfort with responsive performance, and engine options include:
- 2.4L Inline-4: Makes up to 206 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L V6: Makes up to 290 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
The Acura ILX offers a single engine across all trims:
- 2.4L Aluminum-Alloy 4-Cylinder: Makes up to 201 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque.
The TLX is where you should look for track-like performance, but the ILX offers stronger efficiency scores:
- Acura ILX: Up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway*.
- Acura TLX: Up to an EPA-estimated 23 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway with the 4-cylinder or 20 and 31 with the V6**.
ILX vs. TLX: Features
Both the Acura ILX and Acura TLX come with a wide range of standard amenities, including the following AcuraWatch safety features:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) System
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
That said, the Acura TLX does provide a few advantages over the ILX, including:
- Standard Satellite Radio
- Available 3-Level Ventilated Front seats
- Available 3-Level Heated Rear Outboard Seats
Compare Acura TLX and Acura ILX Head-to-Head by Visiting Us Today
Want to explore the difference between Acura ILX and TLX firsthand or check out the latest Acura lease deals? Simply contact us today or feel free to visit the Rallye Acura showroom near Garden City.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.
**Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.