Performance Features in the 2017 Acura RDX
Nary a vehicle competes with the 2017 Acura RDX when it comes to engine power and high-quality performance, making it one of our most popular models at Rallye Acura in Roslyn. Not only does the new 2017 Acura RDX boast a powerful engine and your choice of front- or all-wheel drive, it’s one of the most efficient vehicles in its class and includes a range of driver assist features. See what we mean by reading on!
Powertrain: Horsepower, Speed, Torque
The 2017 Acura RDX performance speaks loud and clear:
- The RDX runs on an aluminum alloy 3.5L 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC V6 engine, capable of an unbelievable 279 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque.
- Variable Cylinder Management keeps the RDX efficient, allowing it to run on as few as three cylinders to increase efficiency.
It’s important for a new crossover to fit into the budget, and the 2017 Acura RDX performance specs come paired with some of the best fuel economy ratings in its class.
- The 2017 Acura RDX 2WD gives you an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.*
- Drivers who prefer all-wheel drive can stay efficient; the 2017 RDX AWD earns an EPA-estimated 19 mpg in the city, and 27 on the highway.*
These fuel economy numbers aren’t just good for the budget; the 2017 RDX has been labelled a ULEV-2 vehicle for its emissions status.
What’s more, the RDX also boasts stellar transmission:
- Not only does the RDX come with a 6-speed automatic transmission system, but it also is embedded with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters that make it responsive to different terrain types
- At the same time, the RDX comes with Grade Logic Control, which controls the RDX’s speed as it descends hills, widening your power over the RDX’s operation more
Other Performance Features
Lastly, the RDX offers up a range of driver assist features, including:
- RDX Macpherson Front Strut and Rear Multi-Link Suspension System that gives you precision handling by using the RDX’s ability to take corners with its anti-squat geometry to reduce pitching under acceleration
- Amplitude Reactive Dampers to strengthen stability
- Electronic Power Steering, which enables a smooth shift from low speeds to high ones
- A range of Brake Assist systems including 4-channel anti-lock brakes and Electronic Brake Distribution
Explore High-Powered Performance Today!
But perhaps you want a bit more proof before you commit to your new RDX. We can help. Visit Rallye Acura today and take the new crossover out for a spin and discover the 2017 Acura RDX performance for yourself. You’ll find us at 1750 Northern Boulevard in Roslyn; call us at 516-508-9147 or reach out through our online form to learn more or schedule your test drive. We can’t wait to put you in the driver’s seat!
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid only) and other factors.